Planning and Development

Content top

Development and Construction

If you are planning a subdivision,  building works (including swimming pools, sheds and home business) or a change of building class (including changes to buildings from office to shop) you will require the following forms:


Track your Development Application

Greater Hume Shire Council’s Application Tracking Facility is an interactive web based program that enables users to undertake a range of searches in relation to development applications that have been considered by Council.  The facility uses include identifying applications that have been recently lodged and allowing applicants to follow the progress of their application through the development assessment process.
Please note: Development Application Tracking is currently not available, if you are wanting information on your Development Application please contact Department Environment and Planning on 02 6029 8588 or
Click here to track your Development Application.


Development Control Plan

Please Click Here for a PDF of the Greater Hume Shire Development Control Plan.


Applications for Planning and Other Certificates

If you intend to sell a parcel of land, such as a house, farm or business. You will be required to apply for at least one or more of the following Certificates. Please click here for a Certificate Application Form.

  • Building Certificate (s149A)
  • Planning Certificate (standard s149(2); standard including additional information s149(5); complying development)
  • Rates and Charges Certificate (standard, including water meter average – s603; standard, including water meter read – s603)
  • Notices Certificate (s735A)
  • Orders Certificate (s121ZP)
  • Drainage Plan
  • Swimming Pool Certificate (s24)
  • Noxious Weeds Certificate (s64)
  • Compliance Certificate (s109C)


Footway Dining & Temporary Structures on Footway

Please Click here for the footpath dining procedures manual and application form.   


Development without approval - Exempt Development Information

Please click here to access information from the NSW Department of Planning on development that does not require approval from Council.


Owner Builder Information

As from 1 January 2011 NSW Fair Trading have implemented new owner builder requirements. Please click here for more information.


Fire Safety Statement Information

The Department of Planning and Environment recently published changes to the Environmental Planning and Assessment Regulation 2000 regarding fire safety and building certification. The changes commence on 1 October 2017.
These changes are important for building owners who are required to issue annual and supplementary fire safety statements and fire safety certificates.
The regulation changes require the annual and supplementary fire safety statement and the fire safety certificate to be in a form approved by the Secretary.
Fire Safety Statement
Fire Safety Certificate


State Environmental Planning Policy 1 Register - Clause 4.6 of the Greater Hume Local Environment Plan (GHLEP). 

Council is required to have a register of Development Applications that were determined by Council utilising the provisions of State Environmental Planning Policy No. 1 (SEPP 1) or clause 4.6 of the GHLEP.
Please find below a list of these determinations.

Halford Drive, Holbrook
Culcairn-Holbrook Road, Holbrook & Jingellic Road, Holbrook
Morven Cookardinia Road, Morven 1A Elm St, Henty
George St, Walbundrie Brigadoon Lane, Holbrook
Glenellen Road, Gerogery 14 Hore Road, Bowna 
Hueske Road, Jindera


Local Heritage Assistance Fund

Greater Hume Shire Council wishes to advise that applications for grants under the Local Heritage Restoration Fund for Year 3 are now open. Grants of up to $2,000, to be matched $1 for $1 are available for restoration/improvement work on listed heritage items or elements in Conservation Areas or other buildings or places as assessed being of heritage significance. Application forms are available from Council Offices, or by clicking here

Click Here for application guidelines.
All enquiries should be directed to Council’s Environmental Health and Building Surveyor Mr Bradley Peach at the Culcairn office on 6029 8588.


Greater Hume Shire Local Environment Plan 2012

The Greater Hume Local Environment Plan 2012 commenced on the 12 October 2012 and is available by clicking upon following link.
It is advised that the relevant maps associated with this plan are also available from the “maps” tab on the top right hand side of the NSW Legislation web page.


Development Contributions Plan

Application of this Development Contributions Plan
The Development Contributions Plan applies to all land within the local government area of Greater Hume Shire.
The purpose of this contributions plan
The primary purpose of the Development Contributions Plan is:
  • to authorise the imposition of a condition on all development consents and complying development certificates requiring the payment of a contribution pursuant to section 94A of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 (EP&A Act);
  • to assist the Greater Hume Shire Council (“council”) in providing the appropriate public facilities that are required to maintain and enhance amenity and service delivery within the Greater Hume local government area; and
  • to publicly identify the purposes for which the levies are required.



Please note some documents may be large and could take some time to open. If you have difficulty please contact a Council Office to obtain a copy of the document.

Content bottom
Home  |  Simply Greater Living  |  Visit Our Shire  |  Business & Investment  |  Greater Hume Council  |  Council Services
© Copyright 2018   |  Copyright  |  Privacy Policy  |  Website by Communications Works & Web Matrix
Footer background
Footer background bottom
| |