Rates, Fees & Charges

Content top


Council levies an Ordinary Rate on all rateable assessments within the Greater Hume. Council utilise provisions of the Local Government Act to ensure a fair and equitable contribution to Council’s revenue across the Shire.

A central component of local government rating is that the land value of a particular property as determined by the Valuer General should play an important role in determining the rates levied on that particular property.

Land and property rates are due on the following dates each year.

Total amount: 31 August
Quarterly instalments are due: 31 August, 30 November, 28 February, 31 May

Pension Concession Forms: click here to obtain a Pension Concession Form

Rate Payments: click here for payment options


Have you changed your address, email or phone number?


If so click here to access the Name and Address Register Request Form, when completed return the form via email: mail@greaterhume.nsw.gov.au, post: PO Box 99 HOLBROOK NSW 2644 or drop into one of our Customer Service Centres at Culcairn, Henty, Holbrook, Jindera or Walla Walla.


Applications for s603 and Other Certificates

If you intend to sell a parcel of land, such as a house, farm or business. You will be required to apply for at least one or more of the following Certificates. Please click here for a Certificate Application Form.

  • Building Certificate (s149A)
  • Planning Certificate (standard s149(2); standard including additional information s149(5); complying development)
  • Rates and Charges Certificate (standard, including water meter average – s603; standard, including water meter read – s603)
  • Notices Certificate (s735A)
  • Orders Certificate (s121ZP)
  • Drainage Plan
  • Swimming Pool Certificate (s24)
  • Noxious Weeds Certificate (s64)
  • Compliance Certificate (s109C)


Land Valuation

In New South Wales (NSW), the Valuer General is the State Government’s principal advisor on all land valuation matters. The Valuer General has a statutory responsibility to provide fair and accurate land valuations for rating and taxing purposes, to determine compensation following the compulsory acquisition of land and to provide specialist valuation and property advice to government and the public.

The Valuer General values all land on behalf of the State Government and maintains a Register of Land Values containing information in relation to land ownership, location, occupation, value and other information as required by the  Valuation of Land Act 1916.

The Register of Land Values contains the following information in relation to land:

  • the ownership of the land
  • the occupation of the land
  • the value of the land
  • reference to the title of the land
  • the location or description of the land
  • the area of the land, and
  • any other information as required by Valuation of Land Act 1916.

The Department of Lands supports the role of the Valuer General through the provision of technical and operational expertise in producing and recording land values for New South Wales.

Please click here for a copy of the latest Valuer General newsletter.



Content bottom
Home  |  Simply Greater Living  |  Visit Our Shire  |  Business & Investment  |  Greater Hume Council  |  Council Services
© Copyright 2018   |  Copyright  |  Privacy Policy  |  Website by Communications Works & Web Matrix
Footer background
Footer background bottom
| |