Kala Court Retirement Village Vacancies
Affordable rural retirement living in Holbrook
Comprising 13 spacious two bedroom units, the Kala Court Retirement Village units are located at 20-26 Frampton Street Holbrook.
Low maintenance accessible living in a secure and friendly environment, the units offer;
- Inverter split system air conditioning
- In floor heating in tiled areas
- Modern kitchen with generous storage
- Remote control access panel lift garage door
- Rainwater tank
- Grab rails in bathroom and toilet
- Security/alarm system
- Non-slip exposed aggregate pathways
- Landscaped, maintained gardens
- Fully detached, two bedroom units available
- Offered on a licence to occupy basis
- Located within walking distance to shops, cafes, clubs, the library, post office and medical facilities
If you are over 55, no longer working fulltime and are ready for maintenance free living in a secure and private environment, arrange an inspection today.
Kala Court operates on a licence to occupy basis.
As at March 2016 the entry contribution for a Kala Court unit was $190,000*. For further details, a full disclosure statement or to arrange an inspection, please contact Jody Whitley on 02 6036 0100.
*subject to two yearly revaluations
Aged and Community Services
By 2050, over 3.5 million Australians will access aged care each year with around 80 per cent of the services delivered in the community.
It is widely recognised that older people want to stay in their own homes as long as they can and maintain links with the community and have a greater say in the way their care is provided.
As part of the Australian Government’s aged care reforms, home care support is being significantly expanded to assist people to remain living at home for as long as possible, and to introduce more choice and flexibility for people receiving care at home.
An extensive range of services can be provided including care services, support services, clinical services and other services to support a person living at home. From 1 July 2015 people seeking government assisted aged support services are required to initially contact the My Aged Care Gateway. My Aged Care can be accessed by calling 1800 200 422 or at www.myagedcare.gov.au
For information on staying active and healthy at home, including home and safety checklists, exercises to do at home and a search function to find gentle exercise and falls prevention programs close by, please go to www.activeandhealthy.nsw.gov.au
Greater Hume Aged and Community Housing
• Greater Hume Shire Council operate a range of senior and low income housing options.
• One bedroom retirement units are located in Culcairn, Holbrook, Jindera and Howlong.
• Council also operate two bedroom retirement units in Holbrook on both a lease and self-funded basis.
• Other housing options include low income two and three bedroom community housing in Culcairn.
For further information T: (02) 6036 0100.
Hostels and Other Residential Facilities in Greater Hume Shire
||Kiltearn House, Hostel, Edward Street, Culcairn
||(02) 6029 8907|
||Multipurpose Service, Balfour Street, Culcairn
||(02) 6029 8203|
||UPA Jindera Gardens Hostel, 74—78 Creek Street, Jindera
||(02) 6026 3799|
||Holbrook UPA Hostel, 47 Bowler Street, Holbrook
||(02) 6036 2817|
||Harry Jarvis Wing, Bowler Street, Holbrook
||(02) 6036 2522|
||Multi Purpose Service, Keighran Street, Henty
||(02) 6929 4999|
||UPA Myoora Homestead Hostel, Crn of Bartsch & Keirghran St Henty
||(02) 6929 3200|
Hospitals in Greater Hume Shire
||Culcairn Community Health Centre, Balfour Street, Culcairn
||(02) 6029 8917|
||Holbrook Community Health Cntre, Bowler Street, Holbrook
||(02) 6036 2522|
||Henty Community Health Centre, Keighran Street, Henty
||(02) 6929 4999|
A range of additional general practitioner, outreach programs and other health services are available across the shire, e.g. x-ray, pathology, podiatry, physiotherapy and child maternal health.
Further information can be obtained by contacting:
|Community Health and Wellbeing Coordinator|
||(02) 6036 0100|