Greater Hume Shire has a number of quality library services available to residents of the Shire. Council has library facilities at Henty, Culcairn, and Holbrook, while smaller towns and villages are provided with mobile library services with Upper Murray and Riverina Regional Mobile Library Vans.
Membership of the library is free and open to all residents of Greater Hume Shire.
Complete a membership application form for the library using the links below. Residents can join both libraries if they choose.
- You will need to provide one piece of identification with your name and proof of address (eg Drivers Licence).
- Children under the age of 18 will need to have a guarantor sign for them. (The guarantor needs to be the child’s legal guardian).
Reciprocal membership is open to people who live outside the Riverina Regional Library Council area. Reciprocal membership is free provided you have current membership at a public library in NSW. (You will need to provide your library card and one piece of identification with your name and address on it.) You will have limited borrowing privileges of four books and two DVD's.
Visitors to the Shire have to pay a fee if they are not a resident or rate payer of the Riverina Regional Library (RRL) service area. The fee is listed below:
- Visitor’s fee (non-refundable) One month $33.00
- Visitor’s fee (non-refundable) Three months $88.00
Or the visitor may join as a Reciprocal member as per information below:
- Visitors & Non-Residents – applies to patrons who do not have a current membership to a NSW Public Library and are not current residents or ratepayers of the RRL service area. A visitor fee is non-refundable – please see RRL Fees and Charges Schedule for more information.
- Reciprocal membership – applies to patrons who have a current membership with another NSW public library and are not current ratepayers or residents of the RRL service area. Reciprocal membership refers to a membership applied in one NSW public library (host library) on the provision of a current membership with another NSW public library (home library). The customer seeking membership of the host library must already maintain a current membership with another participating public library within NSW with the understanding that the home membership is not affected in any way with over due items or a banned status. For more information please read the RRL Reciprocal Membership Policy.
The Library has a wide range of resources including adult, youth and children's fiction books, non-fiction books, magazines, tapes and audio books, videos, DVD and music CD’s. (some restrictions apply to children under the age of 15 borrowing M and M+ rated video's and DVD’s).
In addition the library has a collection of:
- Family history books
- Reference books and materials
- Newspapers and magazines
- Computers - internet access, word processing
- CD Roms – must be used in the Library
- Playstation 2 with television and games
- WebOpac (Online Public Access Catalogue) Click Here For WebOpac Access
Items from other branches of the Riverina Regional Library can be ordered for a fee of $1.00 per item.
Items not available from the Riverina Regional Library can be ordered in. Inter Library Loan search fee $4.40 with an additional fee of $16.50 for specialist library materials.
Library Staff make every effort to purchase resources that people want to access and welcome suggestions from members. If you would like to recommend a title for purchase please tell the staff at the front desk.
Ask a Librarian
The State Library of NSW provides an Ask a Librarian service and the library offers a local version of this research request service. If your research question is about local information, use the form below. For more general research enquiries, please use the State Library Service.
When completing the form try to provide as many details as possible as it will make it easier to respond to your query.
We will reply to your request as soon as possible. If your request requires further research, we will notify you about a likely response time.