Simply Greater News

Content top

Use of Drones

In Australia you are not required to obtain approval from the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) if you want to fly your drone for fun, that is as long as you follow the CASA’s simple safety rules. Recreational drone operators must comply with CASA’s rules (known as its standard operating conditions).

CASA mandates the use of UAV/RPA’s and model aircraft in regard to the proximity of aerodromes. They are not allowed within 5.5 kms of an airport, or above 400ft elsewhere. Watch the video included in the link below or read more about the rules on flying drones/remotely piloted aircraft in Australia from the CASA website.

For further information visit: Droneflyer

Categories: Greater Hume Shire News

Content bottom
Home  |  Simply Greater Living  |  Visit Our Shire  |  Business & Investment  |  Greater Hume Council  |  Council Services
© Copyright 2018   |  Copyright  |  Privacy Policy  |  Website by Communications Works & Web Matrix
Footer background
Footer background bottom
| |