Residents evacuating due to Bushfires


Greater Hume Council advises the following with regard to both residential and animal evacuation/relocation.

For residents:

If you are required to evacuate/leave your home please call into the Albury Entertainment Centre, 525 Swift St, Albury, to obtain information on the options for relocation during this period.

For animal relocations:

Local Land Services is the current agency responsible for large animal evacuations. Holbrook Showground and Sporting Complex (map location)  is the official selfcare animal facility. Please contact Local Land Services Agriculture and Animal Services Hotline on 1800 814 647 for assistance. For more information visit the NSW DPI website.


Council advises that while these facilities are available to those who need them, as always there is limited space. Should you become threatened by bushfire, please seek shelter with friends or family. Council continues to work alongside local RFS, Fire and Rescue, Police and SES with all its available resources devoted to the bushfire effort. Council and its staff sincerely thanks all agencies for their dedication and support to the Greater Hume community.