Firewood Collection Permit Application

Residents of Greater Hume Council wishing to collect firewood for personal use from roadside verges within Greater Hume are required to obtain a permit. The permit, once issued allows residents to collect fallen timber (felling of trees is not permitted) from selected roadside verges for a period up to 12 Months. Please consult the Firewood Collection Permit Map(PDF, 3MB) of restricted areas for timber collection to ensure you are operating within the boundaries of the permit.

The permit can be obtained by completing the ENG - Firewood Collection Permit Application(PDF, 229KB) and forward with payment or payment details to Greater Hume Council.

Please allow 7 working days for the approval and completion of the permit. The permit once approved will be returned to the applicant either via email, post or can be collected from any of Greater Hume Council’s offices.