Pamper Workshops at Culcairn Library
With the end of the School holidays fast approaching, some very excited young people of Greater Hume came along to the Culcairn Library and enjoyed an afternoon Pamper Workshop with The Mindful Warrior Anna Gannon.
The library smelt absolutely divine with mixtures of eucalyptus oils and honey whilst the kids all learnt how to make their own face masks, foot scrubs and give themselves or someone they love a mini manicure.
Anna also shared the importance of being kind to each other and themselves and held a group discussion at the end of the pamper session to share experiences with one another.
There was a lots of laughter and smiles which made this experience even better.
A big thankyou to NSW Regional Youth for providing the funding for Greater Hume to be able to hold this wonderful activity.
Collection of photos from the Pamper Workshop at the Culcairn Library.
Wrap with Love - Henty Library
Wiggle and Giggle - Henty Library
Intergenerational Gardening at Culcairn Library
Greater Hume Council celebrated an Intergenerational Gardening activity at Culcairn Library on Tuesday 30 May 2022. The Culcairn Garden Club generously donated their time and some beautiful succulents for St. Joseph's Catholic School and Preschool students who came across to the library for an afternoon of gardening fun. Lots of proud little faces taking home their potted succulents. Thank you to Culcairn Garden Club for coming along and showing the students how much fun gardening is.
Pics Students from St Joseph's Catholic School and Preschool and members of the Culcairn Gardening Club.
Representations of a Communities Soul
The Greater Hume Libraries were successful in receiving a Country Arts Support Grant for this amazing community project. They worked alongside the Local Art Groups to help build community spirit through art and creativity by creating portraits of important community members in a series of workshops led by a local artist. The finished portraits are now to be unveiled online through our social media and websites as COVID- restrictions are limiting numbers of people in the Libraries. The portraits are to be held in the Henty Library, where they are displayed on the cultural wall for the foreseeable future.
To see each of the portraits and their explanations please click on the relevant person's link below.
- Portrait of Abi Meyer(PDF, 5MB) by Carol Keene and explanation(PDF, 22MB).
- (PDF, 22MB)
- Portrait of Annette Schilg(PDF, 4MB) by Gwen Conrad and explanation(PDF, 20MB).(PDF, 20MB)
- Portrait of Brad Wettern(PDF, 5MB) by Leanne Howard and explanation(PDF, 20MB).(PDF, 20MB)
- Portrait of Debbie Stanley(PDF, 5MB) by Trish Busby and explanation(PDF, 20MB).(PDF, 20MB)
- Portrait of Fr Ken Dale(PDF, 4MB) by Gwen Bullock and explanation(PDF, 20MB).
- Portrait of John Ross(PDF, 4MB) by Jenny Stein and explanation(PDF, 21MB).(PDF, 21MB)
- Portrait of Judy Morison(PDF, 5MB) by Phil Morison and explanation(PDF, 21MB).
- Portrait of Les Dale(PDF, 4MB) by Steph Hanckel and explanation(PDF, 20MB).
- Portrait of Mick Broughan(PDF, 5MB) by Roger Macreadie and explanation(PDF, 21MB).
- Portrait of Milton Taylor CBE(PDF, 4MB) by Gwen Bullock and explanation(PDF, 21MB).
- Portrait of Noelene Bedggood(PDF, 5MB) by Judith Zweck and explanation(PDF, 22MB).
- Portrait of Yvonne Booth(PDF, 4MB) by Gwen Bullock and explanation(PDF, 21MB).
Tutoring at the Holbrook Library
The Holbrook Library has tutors available for most ages and abilities in a wide variety of subjects.
Contact: Holbrook Library
T: 02 6036 0173