National Road Safety Week 2020
Sunday 15 to Sunday 22 November 2020 is National Road Safety Week, and to promote the event Greater Hume and Lockhart Shire Councils are running competitions asking residents to decorate their front gate, letterbox etc. in yellow, take a photo and send it to their Council to be considered for the top 5 most creative entries and win one of five, $200 gift vouchers.
During National Road Safety Week the iconic HMAS submarine in Holbrook, will be lit up in yellow lights and Lockhart’s renowned metal sculptures will be decorated in big yellow bows supporting the key message, drive so others survive.
Every year, approximately 1200 people are killed and another 44,000 are seriously injured on Australian roads. These numbers are growing every year but are preventable if we choose to Drive So Others Survive!.
National Road Safety Week is an annual initiative from the Safer Australian Roads and Highways (SARAH) Group, partnering road safety organisations and Government. The week highlights the impact of road trauma and ways to reduce it.
Competition details and the daily themed National Road Safety Week messages will be shared on Council’s Facebook pages and detailed competition details can be found below.
Competition Terms and Conditions
- Only residents within Greater Hume Shire and Lockhart Shire Councils can enter the competition.
- Council employees and their immediate family members are not eligible for consideration to win the gift vouchers.
- The top five most creative entry for each Council area will be chosen by selected Council staff and the winners will be announced on Monday 23 November by email or social media.
- Winners will have to the 13 December to claim their voucher. If Council do not hear from the winners by the due date another winner will be announced.
- The National Road Safety Week Council competition is no way sponsored, endorsed, administered or associated with Facebook.
- The National Road Safety Week competition is a Local Government Road Safety Project funded by TfNSW.
- Entries must be themed in the colour yellow and must not depict any obscene content.
- By emailing your entry you agree to Council sharing your photo on social media.
- Approved hashtags maybe used when sharing your entry on Facebook and Instagram.
- Lockhart Shire Council will only accept email and Facebook entries.
- For any queries regarding the competition please contact Councils Road Safety Officer on 0427 224 764 or email firstname.lastname@example.org