Water Filling Station Drought Relief Assistance
Drought Relief Assistance Package Notification Extended to 30 June 2020
Council advises that at the Council meeting held on Wednesday, 23 October 2019 Council resolved to extend the current Drought Relief Assistance Package for Greater Hume Council residents, as per details below.
Drought Relief Assistance (Adopted at the November 2018 Council Meeting)
That Council immediately introduce an initial drought relief package as follows.
- Residents of Greater Hume Council whose residence is not able to be connected to a reticulated water supply will be eligible to access Council operated stand-pipes at Jindera, Burrumbuttock, Brocklesby, Gerogery and Culcairn.
- Eligible residents will be issued with an appropriate electronic key at a reduced cost of $100 (current cost is $295), fully refundable when the resident no longer requires access to Council stand-pipes, OR, by 30 June 2020 whichever is the sooner on return of the key.
3. All water purchased by eligible residents under this arrangement, including residents who already hold an electronic key, will be charged at the current minimum price of $1.70kl
- Contractors delivering potable water to residents of Greater Hume Council will be charged $1.70kl for water (as opposed to the current price of $3.00kl), subject to confirmation being supplied by the contractor that the water was delivered for domestic use.
5. This initial relief package will conclude 30 June 2020 at which time Council will consider further drought assistance should conditions remain unchanged or worsen.
As a current holder of a key for Greater Hume Council Filling Stations and Standpipes you are entitled to receive the discounted price of a $1.70/kl (to be passed on to the customer) for water supplied for domestic use to residents of Greater Hume Council providing the attached form is completed on a monthly basis and submitted to Council by the first Friday of the following month. If this form is not received you will be charged at the normal rate of $3.00/kl.
If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact Council’s Manager Water & Waste Water, Tom Plunkett at the Culcairn Office on 02 6036 0100.
Find below the information and application forms.
Water Filling Station and Overhead Standpipe Location Guide(PDF, 3MB)
Water Filling Station and Overhead Standpipe Drought Relief Assistance Package Valid to 30 June 2020 Water Supply
Water Filling Station and Overhead Standpipe Information and Application Drought Relief Assistance Package Valid to 30 June 2020(PDF, 209KB)