Current Road and Facility Closures - PLEASE DRIVE SAFELY
Current Road and Facility Closures in Greater Hume - PLEASE DRIVE SAFELY
If you drive through a ROAD CLOSED SIGN you are placing yourself and passengers in grave danger. It is an offence to drive through a ROAD CLOSED sign.
Police have the power to close a road to traffic during any temporary obstruction or danger under the Road Transport Act 2013. The penalty for failing or refusing to comply with the closure is up to $2,200. Under the Road Transport Act 2013, a person must not drive a motor vehicle on a road negligently.
Your vehicle insurance claim for any damage may also be null and void as you will be breaking the law.
THINK before you DRIVE THROUGH A ROAD CLOSED SIGN, IS IT WORTH THE RISK?
As at 1 December 2022, 10.30am
- Roads closed due to previous flooding or road damage, please drive safely, this page will be updated as information comes to hand
- Brooklyn Road, Walla Walla - due to damaged bridge approach
- Lieschkes Road, Alma Park
- Luther Road, Jindera (at the floodway).
- Kings Bridge Road, Culcairn - due to damaged bridge approach
- Benambra Road, Culcairn between Weeamera Road and Cummings Road
- Youngs Lane, Culcairn - from Coach Road, 4.2 kms towards Culcairn
- Pioneer Drive, Jindera - Western end
- Waterworks Road, Culcairn
- Schneiders Road, Walla Walla
- Maginnitys Gap Road, Coppabella
- Howlong Burrumbuttock Road, Burrumbuttock - road damage
- Back Henty Road, Culcairn to Henty
- Walla Stock Route, Walla Walla - full length
- Bridge over Coppabella Creek on Coppabella Road - road damage
- Speed Reduction Due to Road Pavement Damage
- Jingellic Road, Holbrook - Wantagong Straight - speed reduction 60km
- Jingellic Road, Holbrook East of Halford Drive, speed reduction 60km
- Jingellic Road, Holbrook between Yarara Gap and Coppabella Road, road damage, drive to conditions
Gum Swamp Road, Balldale - GRADING WORK IN PROGRESS
Please be advised that there is grading work in progress along Gum Swamp Road, Balldale approximately a 200m section at Morebringer Lane Causeway.
Rough surface proceed with caution.
Burma Road, Table Top - CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Greater Hume Council wishes to advise the Burma Road, Table Top is closed until further notice due to high water levels at the Hume Weir.
Council will advise when the roads have re-opened.
If you wish to report a flooded road or water over a road please phone Council on 02 6036 0100 (work hours) or Roads, Storms and Drainage 0419 405 768 (after hours).
SAND AND SANDBAGS AVAILABLE FOR PUBLIC ACCESS
Greater Hume Council has sand and sandbags at the following locations available for public access if required. Bring your own shovel!
In case of an emergency please contact 000 or SES 132 500.
- Culcairn - Culcairn SES, Melville Street, CULCAIRN NSW 2660
- Henty - Bucki RFS Station, Corner Olympic Hwy and Fox Street, HENTY NSW 2658
- Holbrook - Holbrook RFS Station, Enterprise Drive, HOLBROOK NSW 2644
- Jindera - Jindera RFS Station, Urana Road, JINDERA NSW 2642
- Walla Walla - Walla RFS Station, Victoria Street or Council Depot, Walla Cemetery Road, WALLA WALLA NSW 2659