Legal Aid NSW - Disaster Response Legal Service
The Disaster Response Legal Service (DRLS) provides free legal help for disaster affected community members in NSW with legal issues like:
- Insurance claims and disputes
- Housing and rental problems including caravan parks
- Credit, debt, fines and financial hardship
- Eligibility for disaster relief grants and benefits
- Employment – unfair dismissals, entitlements
- Domestic violence
- Other legal problems related to disasters.
Anyone affected by a disaster can get free help by contacting the Disaster Response Legal Service NSW helpline on 1800 801 529 (9am to 5pm weekdays).
Or visit the DRLS website https://news.legalaid.nsw.gov.au/drls-subscribe for fact sheets and information.