Works and Projects
Listed below is Council’s scheduled works program up to 30 June 2019:
- Tunnel Road, Woomargama upgrade to accommodate B-Double access for plantation harvesting only.
- Culcairn Holbrook Road (MR331) road reconstruction between Ralvona Lane and Billabong Creek Bridge funded under the NSW Government 'Black Spot Program'.
- road rehabilitation, flood culvert and guardrail installation on Olympic Highway at The Rock. Works expected to commence late March, traffic will be reduced to single lane, expect minor delays.
- heavy patching at various locations along Olympic Highway, expect minor delays.
- heavy patching at various locations along Tumbarumba Road, Little Billabong to Carabost, expect minor delays.
- Drought Relief Heavy Vehicle Access Program along Walbundrie Road heavy patch repair work.
completion of remainder of Council resheeting program.
- completion of Council's Regional Road Resealing program on MR331 Jingellic Road and MR547 Walla Walla Jindera Road.
- completion of asphalt surfacing of Sladen Street, Henty over the rail crossing to the Olympic Highway.
Planning is currently underway for the 2019 - 2020 budget period with funding being confirmed for:
- Coach Road, Gerogery construction and sealing of a further 2km south of Benambra Road funded under NSW Government 'Black Spot Program'.
- commencement of Henty Rail Crossing Project involving the realignment of 1km of the Olympic Highway and installation of a new rail crossing linking to Grubben Road, suitable for b-double access (refer to page 2 of the newsletter for Henty Rail Crossing announcement).
View Council's works program for 2019 - 2020 and access the draft 2017 - 2021 Delivery Program and 2019 - 2020 Operational Plan.
For the most up to date information on the status of roads please phone 1300 653 538 or 02 6036 0100.