Access To Information Held By Greater Hume Shire Council

A Gavel.JPG

The Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (NSW), (GIPA Act), establishes a comprehensive system for public access to government information. 

The GIPA Act encourages the routine and proactive release of government information. This information is called “open access information” or “mandatory release information”. This information is to be published on Council’s website, unless to do so would impose unreasonable additional costs.

Council’s open access information includes the following:


Informal Request

Other information held by Council is authorised to be released in response to an informal request, subject to any reasonable conditions that Council may wish to impose. This may include information not currently available on Council's website, a request for an individual's own personal information or property/building related enquiries.

You can download the Access to Council Information Informal application here(PDF, 205KB) .


Formal Request

Council can release information in response to a formal application Access to Council Information Application Form(PDF, 222KB) .

In some limited circumstances, people seeking access to government information will need to submit a formal request. This should occur if one or more of the following apply to the information requested:

  • It is of a sensitive nature that requires careful consideration in terms of overriding public interest for and against disclosure.
  • It contains personal (of another person) or confidential information where consultation with other agencies or third parties is required.
  • It would involve an unreasonable amount of time and/or resources to provide the information requested.


Obtaining property owner information

We only release property owner details if they are a business or corporation. In compliance with privacy laws, we do not release individual ownership details. You can apply for individual property ownership information from NSW Land Registry Services.


Application Assistance

Council may refuse to deal with your GIPA application if dealing with the application causes an unreasonable and substantial diversion of resources for the agency. Therefore, it is important that your request for information under the GIPA Act is described clearly and specifically. This will enable an agency to better understand what information you seek and deal with the application.

Use the following checklist to help you achieve a successful outcome from your access application.

Fact Sheet Guide for applications(PDF, 179KB)

Checklist and Tips for framing your information access application(PDF, 182KB)


Council Information

Greater Hume Council is currently in the process of providing a range of information under the GIPA Act and is progressively adding more information to our website. 

If you would like a copy of a document that is not available for download on Councils Website, please contact Council on 02 6036 0100.


Register of Returns of Interests

The Register of Returns of Interests, containing completed Returns of Interests for the period 1 July 2022 to 30 June 2023 for elected representatives as at 30 June 2023, and designated officers as required by Schedule 2 Form of Written Return of Interests Submitted under Clause 4.21.   

Councillor Anthony Joseph Quinn(PDF, 1MB)

Councillor Sylvia Annette Schilg(PDF, 394KB)

Councillor Heather Wilton(PDF, 911KB)

Councillor Douglas John Meyer(PDF, 2MB)

Councillor Ian Forrest(PDF, 2MB)

Councillor Jennifer Lyn O'Neill(PDF, 2MB)

Councillor Lea Anne Parker(PDF, 1MB)

Councillor Matthew Hicks(PDF, 1MB)

Councillor Ashley Lindner(PDF, 1MB)

Louise Frichot(PDF, 336KB)

Colin Kane(PDF, 906KB)

Greg Blackie(PDF, 149KB)

Evelyn Maria Arnold(PDF, 302KB)

John Batchelor(PDF, 979KB)


More information concerning your right to information and the new ways to access NSW Government Information can be found on the Information and Privacy Commission website at