What forms do I need to...

The way you apply for approval of building and development with us is changing.

From 1 July 2021, we require lodgement of all Development Applications (DAs) and Complying Development Certificates (CDCs) to be via the NSW Planning Portal.

Here’s what you need to know:

From July 1 2021 lodgement of DAs and CDCs will no longer be accepted over the counter or via email and must be lodged using the NSW Planning Portal. This means that you will need to create an ePlanning account on the NSW Planning Portal website to lodge your application.

This change is in line with the NSW Government’s plan for all Councils to participate in their ePlanning platform for application lodgement.

If you require an additional type of approval such as a Construction Certificate, Plumbing Approval simply complete the relevant sections of the Development/Construction and Plumbing application form located on the website and upload as part of your online application.

If using a Private Certifier or not lodging a DA or CDC with Councils and   only lodging a Plumbing application please complete the application form located on our website and submit all the required paperwork to mail@greaterhume.nsw.gov.au


Getting started

Getting set-up for online lodgement is simple and you can start using it straight away, here’s how:

  1. Go to www.planningportal.nsw.gov.au
  2. Click on ‘My Account’
  3. Select ‘Create Account’ and follow the prompts

Once created, you can apply for DAs and CDCs with us online via your ePlanning account.

Development and Construction

Applications for Planning and Other Certificates

Apply For a Bushfire Attack Level Certificate

Build a Dwelling

Build a Shed

Change the Use of a Building

Commercial/Industrial Buildings

Contract for Building Certification Work

Create a Subdivision

Have An Existing Onsite Sewerage Management System Inspected

Installing a Swimming Pool

Install a Solid Fuel Heater (Wood Heater)

Installing an Onsite Sewerage Management System

Know If I Can Build a Dwelling On An Existing Allotment

Know If The Allotment Is In a Flood Prone Area

Obtain an Occupation Certificate

Shipping Containers