Lodge your Application

To lodge your Development Application, Construction Certificate, Complying Development Certificate or Section 68 Local Government Approvals you will need to submit these applications through the NSW Planning Portal.

Getting started

Getting set-up for online lodgement is simple and you can start using it straight away, here’s how:

  1. Go towww.planningportal.nsw.gov.au
  2. Click on 'My Account'
  3. Select 'Create Account' and follow the prompts

Once created, you can apply for DAs, Construction Certificates, CDCs and Section 68 Local Government Approvals with us online via your ePlanning account.

If you require further assistance, go to Applicants Resources Quick Guide or contact Services NSW on T: 1300 305 695 or email: E:info@service.nsw.gov.au


What you will need to submit with your online application

Development Applications

  •  A set of legible scaled plans are required including;
  • Locality Plan
  • Site Plan - Showing the location of the proposed development, indicating all levels, existing structures and vegetation. Identify site address, adjoining properties and north point
  • Floor Plan - existing and proposed
  • Elevations - showing view from all visible sides, labelled with orientation and showing height of structure.
  • Subdivision Plan - if applicable
  • Statement of Environmental Effects
  • BASIX Certificate


Construction Certificates – Please Note: Always relate your CC to the existing DA on the portal

  1. Detailed Plans - incorporating BASIX requirements, including block plan, floor plans, elevations indicating floor and adjacent ground levels
  2. Sectional Plan including detailed construction 
  3. Specifications
  4. Structural or civil engineering design for footings, reinforced concrete slabs, steelwork and framing (including bracing and tie down detail)
  5. Geotechnical Report - Footings and On-Site Sewerage Management System
  6. Contract for undertaking Certification Work.


Owners Consent

Environmental Planning and Assessment Regulation 2021 (EP&A Reg) requires the written consent of the owner of the land be provided with the development application unless the applicant is the owner of the land which the development application relates to.

We encourage you to check the Land Title information for the property/s to ensure you are aware of the correct property ownership.


Section 68 Approvals

  • On-site Sewerage Management System (OSSM)
  • Site Plan
  • Effluent disposal area plan
  • Plan of reserve disposal area
  • Geotechnical Report
  • Manufactures specification of the proposed OSSM
  • Accreditation documentation 
  • Details of method of protecting the disposal area from stock and vehicle movement
  • Water
  • Sewer
  • Stormwater
  • Wood Heaters
  • Floor Plan indicating heater position 
  • Manufactures Installation Specifications
  • Transportable Dwellings
  • See DA details above