Government Access Services and Other Services

1. Overview

Government Access Services are available at Greater Hume's Culcairn Office and Library Complex, Holbrook.

  • Seniors Card - assistance with applications
  • Births, Deaths and Marriages - assistance with applications
  • RTA – Driver knowledge and hazard perception tests; driver qualification tests for cars, motorbikes and trucks. Bookings are by appointment ONLY.

Also at the Culcairn Office only

  • Disability Advocacy and Information Services – appointments to be made via provider
  • Hume Riverina Community Legal Service – appointments to be made via provider
  • Driver knowledge and hazard perception tests; driver qualification tests for cars, motorbikes and trucks. Bookings are by appointment ONLY 
  • Purchase Trainlink rail tickets

At Henty Council Office and Library only

  • RTC internet access (free to library members)
  • Photocopying/faxing and laminating services
  • Screen hire


Service NSW Mobile Service Visits 

Dates for 2021 Mobile Service Centre visits can be found via the Service NSW website.

Culcairn: Coach Station 

Henty: Sladen Street

Holbrook: Submarine Car Park

Walla Walla: beside WAW Credit Union building


2. Enrol To Vote

Voting in Australia is compulsory for everyone who is over the age of eighteen. So, in the months before you turn eighteen, it is a good idea to start thinking about enrolling to vote.

The Australian Electoral Commission only needs to register you on one form in order for you to be eligible to vote in local, state and federal elections. For more information, and an enrolment form, go to

If you are already on the electoral roll but you change your name or address please contact the Electoral Commission to update your address details or visit

3. Human Services Information

The Australian Government Department of Human Services (DHS) provides easy, high quality services to people at different stages of their lives through the Centrelink, Child Support, Medicare, CRS Australia and Australian Hearing programs. The Department is responsible for the development of service delivery policy and provides access to social, health and other payments and services. Our priorities are, “to support individuals, families and communities to achieve greater self-sufficiency; through the delivery of policy advice and high quality accessible social, health and child support services and other payments; and support providers and businesses through convenient and efficient service delivery."

Contacting Department of Human Services

The numbers listed below will put customers in contact with an Australian Government Department of Human Services Call Centre. Calls to ‘13’ numbers can be made anywhere in Australia for the cost of a local call. Calls to a FreeCALL number are free from a landline. Calls from mobile phones are charged at mobile phone rates.

Use these numbers for enquiries about DHS services and payments: Centrelink (Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm):

T: 1800 132 317    
  • Australian Hearing
T: 1300 412 512
  • Child Support
T: 13 12 72
  • Disability, Sickness and Carers
T: 13 27 17
  • Employment Services
T: 13 28 50
  • Financial Information Service

National Seminar Booking Hotline

T: 13 63 57
  • Medicare
T: 13 20 11
  • Retirement Services
T: 13 23 00
  • Self Service Line
T: 13 62 40
  • Youth and Student Services 
T: 13 24 90













For a complete description of services, visit

4. NSW Police Community Portal



5. Notification of a Person Dying

Informing us when a loved one passes away will let us update all their Greater Hume Council records at the same time. We understand there are many important matters that arise.

Council has made this difficult time a little easier by joining the Australian Death Notification Service. The service allows you to notify multiple organisations of a loved one’s death so their accounts can be updated. When the deceased’s details are entered, the service validates them with the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages to confirm the death has been registered. Once the details are confirmed, you can choose which participating organisations to notify. Participating organisations include banks, superannuation funds, phone and internet companies, energy and water providers, and government authorities, including Greater Hume Council. The service notifies the selected organisations and they’ll contact you as needed.

Australian Death Notification Service website, click here.