Legal Services

1. Justice of the Peace

If you are seeking the services of a JP in your area please access JP Finder. On the website you are able to conduct a search for JP’s for a specific postcode. The site will provide you with a list of names and contact telephone numbers.

As JP’s are usually volunteers they may not be available at short notice or at all times of the day. When seeking the services of a JP, please telephone in advance to make an appointment. It is best to telephone during weekday business hours. If urgent contact on a weekend is necessary, please limit your call to a reasonable time of the day.

2. Legal Services (Community Legal Services)

Hume Riverina Community Legal Service provides free legal advice on a range of issues. These include family law, family violence, separation and divorce, youth law, motor vehicle accidents, credit and debt issues, discrimination, consumer complaints, traffic offences, fines, seniors’ issues and other everyday legal problems.

To book an appointment T: 1800 918 377.

3. NSW Trustee and Guardian

The Trustee and Guardian Wagga Wagga branch visits Albury on the third Wednesday of each month to provide services to local communities.

If you need to make or update your Will, Power of Attorney or Enduring Guardian, contact T: 02 6932 7800 to make an appointment. For more information on services visit W: