Customer Service Standards
We want our customers (residents, visitors, ratepayers, businesses, workers and shoppers) to know what to expect from the Greater Hume Council. We aim to deliver high quality services to meet your needs and strive for continuous improvement.
Our commitment to you
Council is committed to customer service excellence in all its operations and dealings with Greater Hume residents, visitors and stakeholders.
- Providing effective and inclusive communication channels and processes.
- Supporting our staff in delivering skilled and high-quality customer service.
- Building trust with our community by maintaining our commitments and accountability to the community.
- Provide prompt, courteous, friendly and professional service always.
- Listen carefully and identify customers’ needs.
- Be efficient, consistent, and act in a professional manner.
- Maintain confidentiality where required.
- Be responsive and empathetic to assist in finding solutions.
While we respect the rights of our customers to express their views, we will not tolerate abusive language, threatening or aggressive behaviour towards staff or other customers.
Click here to read the Customer Service Standards.(PDF, 157KB)