Water Supply

  • Greater Hume Council is responsible for two water supply schemes.
  • Culcairn water supply which is sourced from ground water by means of two bores fitted with submersible pumps.
  • Villages Water Supply – Brocklesby, Burrumbuttock Gerogery, Gerogery West, Jindera and connected rural areas. This filtered water is supplied by Albury City.


  • Riverina Water is the authority that manages and operates the water supply for the towns of Henty, Holbrook, Morven, Walla Walla, Walbundrie and Woomargama.

Applying For a New Water Connection / Water Meter

  • Greater Hume Council Water

Owners and/or builders can apply for a new water supply/water meter installation connected to Council’s water main, subject to the provisions of the Local Government ACT and the requirements of Council.

To apply, complete and return to Council the Water Supply New Connection Application Form. (PDF, 302KB)

  • Riverina Water

Riverina Water is responsible for potable water supply relating to new developments within the Wagga Wagga City Council (WWCC), Lockhart, Urana and Greater Hume Shire Council area.

This includes new subdivisions, commercial, residential development, additions/alterations to existing structures, and change of use developments. When submitting a development application to your local council, you should also begin discussions relating to water supply with Riverina Water.

Click here to go to Riverina Water contact details or development advice.