Off Leash Area
Greater Hume Council has established several designated dog ‘OFF LEASH’ areas in Culcairn, Holbrook, Henty, Jindera and Walla Walla.
Each designated site is signposted and is provided with a bag dispenser and waste bin.
Locations, rules and guidelines for us of these areas follow:
- These areas are only available for use during daylight hours.
- You must have control of your dog at all times. Even though an off leash area, you must prevent your dog from harassing, attacking and chasing other people or animals. Any attacks may result in a Dangerous Dog Declaration being placed on your dog & you may be liable for any costs or damages.
- All faeces must be picked up and placed in the waste bins provided.
- Your dog must be wearing a collar with identification tags and have a lifetime registration.
- Declared Dangerous Dogs and Restricted Breeds are prohibited and must NOT be off leash in an off leash area at any time.
- Where the areas are fenced, wheeled recreational devices and motor vehicles are prohibited.
- Any breach of these requirements could result in infringements being issued to the dog owner and/or dog being impounded.
Maps of Council’s designated dog off leash areas are available from Council’s offices.
For further enquiries please contact
Colin Kane, Director Environment and Planning
P: 02 6036 0100