Temporary and Permanent Mobile Food Van

Mobile and temporary food businesses are also required to notify Council that they are operating and must meet the same requirements as fixed premises. To notify Greater Hume Council that you are operating a food business, complete the Food Van Notification Form below.

If your mobile or temporary food business is registered with another Council (NSW or Interstate) and you have had a food safety inspection from your home Council within the last 12 months, a copy of this inspection report must be uploaded with your Notification Form.

The Notification Form must be submitted to Council two weeks prior to operating in Greater Hume Council for approval to trade. You can operate your food van at events and markets with approval from the events and market organisers. You may also operate on private land (i.e. car park of a private business or vacant land) with the permission of the land owner and provided you meet the requirements of State Environmental Planning Policy (Exempt and Complying Development Codes) 2008, Subdivision 27A Mobile Food and drink outlets. Greater Hume Council may grant approval for mobile food vans to operate on Public land in accordance with the Mobile Food Van Policy if all requirements are met.

Refer to NSW Food Authority’s Guidelines for Food Businesses at Temporary Events for considerations for hand washing facilities, waste water disposal and temperature control at temporary food stalls.

The Food Van Notification Form below is to be completed for any mobile food vending and submitted to Greater Hume Council for approval.

Mobile Food Vending Trading in Public Places Policy