Meet Our Team
Youth Services Development Officers provide youth services to Greater Hume Council, working effectively with young people to enhance their health and wellbeing, and provide them with opportunities to contribute to the community.
The position aims to:
- Increase the recreational/entertainment facilities for young people in Greater Hume.
- Increase access to community activities and services for young people in Greater Hume.
- Use youth organisations and other youth service providers to consult with and resource young people on issues regarding public places.
- Establish consultation strategies with local youth.
- Holiday Programs
- Youth activities during school holiday periods
- Annual Youth Forum
- Film Workshops
- Youth week activities
- Homework club at Henty and Holbrook Libraries
Our Library & Youth Team Leader Susan Kane
Susan lives in a small regional town in NSW with her husband and two daughters.
Susan is passionate about providing programs for young people being involved in their community and feels that the Greater Hume Youth Advisory Committee can offer so many opportunities. Young people gain a feeling of confidence and self worth, the ability to interact effectively with their peers and adults and the opportunity to broaden their skill base with a range of professional development activities.
T: 02 6036 0100 M: 0417 212 069