Meet Our Team
Youth Services Development Officers provide youth services to Greater Hume Council, working effectively with young people to enhance their health and wellbeing, and provide them with opportunities to contribute to the community.
The position aims to:
- Increase the recreational/entertainment facilities for young people in Greater Hume.
- Increase access to community activities and services for young people in Greater Hume.
- Use youth organisations and other youth service providers to consult with and resource young people on issues regarding public places.
- Establish consultation strategies with local youth.
- Holiday Programs
- Youth activities during school holiday periods
- Annual Youth Forum
- Film Workshops
- Youth week activities
- Homework club at Henty and Holbrook Libraries
Our Library & Youth Team Leader Susan Kane
Susan lives in a small regional town in NSW with her husband and two daughters.
Susan is passionate about providing programs for young people being involved in their community and feels that the Greater Hume Youth Advisory Committee can offer so many opportunities. Young people gain a feeling of confidence and self worth, the ability to interact effectively with their peers and adults and the opportunity to broaden their skill base with a range of professional development activies.
T: 02 6036 0100 M: 0417 212 069
Our Youth Development Officer Emily Jones
Working at the Henty and Culcairn libraries for the past 6 months has been absolutely incredible! Having the opportunity to work within such a valuable community space allows be to become immersed in community life and the diversity that it brings. I love that this traineeship allows me to create events and programs for all ages, run Storytime with preschool and primary school students and connect with others through the love of learning and reading.
Watching the enjoyment people get when they listen to or find a story they love - or being able to help or chat to members of the community makes all the work and study worthwhile. I am so lucky to be given the opportunity to work alongside incredible people who are as passionate about the communities and libraries as me!
T: 02 6036 0179